- Agriculture Mechanization is one of the key drivers for sustainable development. Under the #AtmaNirbharKrishi created by Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare , Government of India , agriculture Mechanization and technology division has taken certain initiatives in the year 2020-21
- Budget of Rs. 1033 crores have been provided for the Sub-Mission on Agricultural Mechanization ( SMAM) , out of which Rs. 553 crores have been released to the state governments.
- Rs. 600 crores has been provided for the CRM(Crop Residue Management ) scheme and Rs. 548.20 crores has been provided to the states well before time to ensure they can take up the activity in advance.
- The earlier mobile app “CHC-Farm Machinery” has been modified and given the name of “FARM’s-app” .The revised version is more user friendly and the scope of the app is enhanced.
- Due to the migration of farm labourers and their shortage the Government of India has relaxed certain activities like farming operations will continue during lockdown; CHC’s, shops of agricultural machinery will remain open, agricultural manufactures are exempted from testing related activities.
- A special drive for skilling the migrant workers has been initiated under “ Aatm Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan / Krishi” , with an objective of enhancing their employment opportunities.[i]
ROAD TRANSPORT AND HIGHWAYS MINISTER, SHRI GADKARI EMPHASISES UPON IMPROVING MSME FOOTPRINT IN 115 ASPIRATIONAL DISTRICTS
- He said MSME industry should be urgently improved as their contribution to GDP is presently negligible.
- Government is working upon the scheme for inclusion of smallest unit under MSME.
- After the expansion the industries with investment value 50 crore and turnovers upto 250 crores are covered under MSME.
- By technology upgradation , India can also look for new export avenues in MSME sector says Shri Gadkari.[ii]
BY SHREYA SINGH (Student of Delhi University)